Calm Your Tempeh

15/09/2016

The Vegan Kind August & September Box Reviews


Hello again everyone! Sorry for my slight absence, I’m back at university soon so life has got a little bit hectic. Don’t worry though, I’m planning on getting all sorts of lovely content written up in the two weeks I have left before I start.

This month’s The Vegan Kind subscription box arrived not so long ago, and once again I’ll be showing you the lovely snacks that it contained. Since I forgot to write last month’s review, I’ll also be showing you what came in the August box. Aren’t 2-in-1 posts the best?

August Box (#TVK34)
  • Hippeas Sweet & Smokin’ Chickpea Puffs. I always see JME raving about these, but I understood why when I opened the packet. They’re vegan Wotsits! I never realised how much I missed those childhood favourites until faced with a vegan alternative. I’m in love with them and they’ll definitely become a go-to snack for me.
  • Squirrel Sisters Coconut Cashew snack bar. Yet another disappointing raw snack. It seems that the majority of fruit and nut bars are just dry and bland, and I thought this was no exception.
  • Landgarten “Crunchy Choco Snack”. First of all, I love the name; it’s honest and straight to the point. But most importantly, they were delicious! I love ridiculously sweet milk-style chocolate so these were a winner in my books.
  • Follow Your Heart’s Vegan Egg. I actually wrote a whole review on this, which you can find here! The short version is that I’m not a fan, but you’ll love it if you like eggs.
  • Candy Kittens Sweet Pineapple sweets. These were amazing! I’m not really a fan of sweets (ironically because they’re too sweet) but these didn’t feel like a sugar overload. The pineapple taste was very natural, and they were ridiculously addictive.
  • Native Unearthed Natural Deodorant. I’m always a bit sceptical of “natural deodorants”, since they never seem to work. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by this one though – I use it on days where I stay at home, and it does the job pretty well.



September Box (#TVK35)
  • Terra Vegane Classic Cheddar Style Mac & Cheez. Although this didn’t taste like traditional cheese, it was very nice. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it plain, although I regret not adding toppings to make wacky loaded mac & cheese!
  • Propercorn Smooth Peanut & Almond popcorn. This popcorn was very nice. I’m the sort of person who eats peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon, so I appreciated having a much more civilised way of getting my fix!
  • Moo Free Caramelized Hazelnut chocolate bar. I actually nearly cried with happiness when I saw this. This specific bar is my favourite vegan chocolate ever, I’d definitely recommend trying it.
  • Almighty Foods Golden Blonde Raw Chocolate. I was expecting this to be dreadful purely on the basis of being raw, but it was so good! It was very similar to white chocolate, and had a lovely texture to it.
  • Good Hemp milk. I’ve tried this milk before and I can’t say I loved it, but I’m happy to give it another go! It has a bit of a strange after taste which puts me off, but I’ve heard it’s very good in coffee so will try it soon.
  • The Vegan Kind mug. I won’t lie, I felt a little bit cheated with this. I’d much rather have another food or beauty item than a mug – I have way too many already. It seemed an unnecessary way to bulk out the box to me. I wasn’t really a fan of the design either, it’s a bit odd.

That’s my thoughts on the latest offerings! What are your thoughts on the items they sent? I’d love to hear them in the comments section below. Have a wonderful day!

Bethan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)